- It causes intellectual disability in up to 80% of men and 30% of women affected.
- Affected individulas show great imitation skills, good memory, good sense of orientation and a sharp sense of humor.
- During childhood, they generally develop skills (talking, walking…) later than unaffected children.
- The younger they are, the more manifest the behavior problems are: fits, hyperactivity, hand flapping, autistic traits, avoid eye contact
- Repetitive language, learning difficulties (especially in maths) and disruptive behavior are also frequent.
- As we have said, girls manifest the same symptoms to a much lower extent than boys and usually show attention problems, learning difficulties and shyness.
- The physical traits are variableand not always noticeable, sometimes they don’t appear until teenage.